Ships FREE! Continental US
DIGITAL SOLDERING STATION
The Hakko FX-888D is an updated digital version of the popular FX-888 and includes several new features. User selectable preset temperatures and digital calibration simplify user setup and operation, and the new password protection and low temperature alarm provides process control and helps protect against cold solder joints.
• Adjustable temperature control
• Temperature range 120° - 899°F (50° - 480°C)
• Digital display shows °F or °C
• Maintains idle temperature within 1.8°F (1°C) when set to 400 - 899°F (200 - 480°C)
• Ceramic heating element and sensor ensures rapid heat-up temperature and fast thermal recovery
• Password protected temperature setting functionality
• Preset mode allows you to store up to five (5) preset temperatures
• Slender, lightweight ergonomic iron handles
• Compact design takes up less bench space
• Wide selection of tips available for soldering SMD and through-hole applications
• Use with Hakko T18 series tips
• ESD Safe
• Available in blue and yellow color only (all other colors shown on Hakko.com are not available in North America)
(see Specifications for more details)
Part Number: FX888D-29BY/P
- Digital model in an analog-model price bracket
- Features adjustment mode, preset mode, and password function
- Separable tip/heater design provides excellent value for money
- Selectable soldering iron for N2 system as usage at your option
Excellent thermal recovery
- Heater output has been increased by 30% compared to that of the conventional models HAKKO 936/937. Also FX-888D delivers excellent thermal recovery by using T18 series tips for their terrific heat conductivity.
This allows soldering at a lower set temperature and reducing the thermal impact on components as well as tip oxidation that can shorten tip life.
- Thermal recovery graph
Rise time to 350°C is 20 seconds faster and tip temperature drop is reduced during continuous work.
- HAKKO FX-888D performance comparison graph with conventional stations
Able to shorten the time required for the same work and improve work efficiency significantly.
Designed to be User-Friendly
- Small footprint
Compact station body requires a space of only 100 (W) x 120 (D) mm. What's more, points that come into contact with the floor are positioned as close to the outer edge of the body as possible to improve stability and make the station difficult to fall over.
- Simple and easy operation
With only two operation buttons of UP and ENTER in the center, operation is simple and easy. Even if you're not familiar with operation of machines, you can operate it without difficulty.
- Iron holder with full of functions
An iron holder of the same color of a soldering station comes as a set. The highly functional iron holder not only improves ease of use, but also brings a sense of visual consistency to the work environment.
Strict temperature managementDigital display
The FX-888D's digital display makes it easy to check the set temperature at a glance.
- Password function
Settings can be locked using a password to prevent them from being changed unexpectedly. Of course, it is possible to restrict all setting changes or prevent users from switching to particular modes. It allows you to choose a style of usage best suited for your worksite.
- Preset mode
This feature is very convenient when you want to change the set temperature to suit a particular workpiece, component, or tip shape. Simply select the desired temperature from a selection of preset temperatures registered in advance. (Up to 5 preset temperatures can be registered.) Preset mode can save your trouble and improve workability.
- Adjustment mode
Temperature adjustment* is an essential part of any strict quality control system. With adjustment mode, what used to be a troublesome procedure is now as simple as entering the measured tip temperature to FX-888D.
*Adjust the tip temperature to match the set temperature in case that there is a difference between those temperatures due to tip shape, heater replacement, or other factors.
NOTE: For SMD work, you can use the Hakko FX-8804 SMD Hot Tweezers with the FX-888D station (shown below).
- Password function
|Manufacturer Part #||FX888D-29BY/P|
|Lead Time||7-10 days|
|70W / 120VAC|
|Temperature Range||120° - 899°F (50° - 480°C)|
|Temperature Stability||±1.8°F (1.0°C)|
|Temperature Control||Closed-loop sensor|
|100(W) x 120(H) x 120(D) mm
3.9(W) x 4.7(H) x 4.7(D) in.
|Shipping Dimensions||242(W) x 178(H) x 242(D) mm
9.5(W) x 7.0(H) x 9.5(D) in.
|Weight||2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||4.7 lbs (2.13 kg)|
|IPC J-STD-001||Meets or Exceeds requirements|
|Power Consumption||65W / 26VAC|
|Standard Tip||T18-D16 (shape 1.6D)|
|Tip-to-Ground Resistance||< 2 ohms|
|Tip-to-Ground Potential||< 2mV|
|8.5 in. (217 mm)
with T18-D16 tip
|Cord Length/Reach||3.9 ft. (1.2m)|
|Weight (w/o cord)||0.1 lb (46g)
with T18-D16 tip
|FX8801-01 Soldering iron||
|Soldering iron tip w/ FX-8801||
|Tip cleaning wire||
NOTE: Stability is at idle temperature in the 400°-899°F range (200°-480°C)